"There is something special about doing ancient ministry with an ancient anointing in a relevant way. " — Heath Beard
We have a rich history spanning over ninety years of great men and women in the ministry. In 1921 Rev. James Menzie was led through prayer from Pennsylvania to the Brainerd Lakes Area. Joined by Rev. Frank Linquist, Rev. James planted what is now known as Heritage Church. Pastor Heath Beard came to Heritage with his wife and children in July of 2012. He has a strong passion and desire to leverage Heritage for a multigenerational ministry. Grandpa Joe and Grandson Joey need a place to worship the Lord together. It is "all about honoring the past by giving the church a continued strong future." The nature of Jesus is "making old things new" and seeing lives continue to be changed. Our church was founded as the Full Gospel Assembly in 1921. Our church was founded as the Full Gospel Assembly in 1921.
Heritage Church was started as Full Gospel Assembly.
When we moved to our former location on business 371, it was known as Brainerd Assembly of God.
With the move to our baxter location, our name changed to Heritage Assembly of God.
As of recently, we have gone by Heritage Church, so people can easily identify what and who we are.
1921 to 1923 - James Menzie & Frank Linquist
1924 to 1925 - Roy Fyles
1925 to 1926 - Henry Ness
1926 to 1927 - Herman Johnson
1927 - Harry Johnson
1928 - Mary Chase
1928 to 1937 - Ivan O. Miller
1938 - Wallace G. Ross
1939 to 1940 - Stanley Comstock
1940 to 1945 - R.D. E. Smith
1946 - David Hastie
1946 to 1951 - R.S. Peterson
1951 to 1961 - Stanley H. Clarke
1961 - Mary Chase (Interim)
1961 to 1969 - Melford Olson
1970 to 1985 - R. W. Schaible
1985 to 1998 - Don Schorsch
1998 to 2012 - Mark Boone
2012 to Present - Heath Beard